3.07.2012

creativity

Today was good.  Today was fun.  Tomorrow is another one.
~Dr. Seuss

It's lovely to be back here posting.  Life is a bit topsy-turvy at the moment, but in a good way.  One thing that has been pretty amazing lately is reading the book The Element by Sir Ken Robinson, Ph.D.  Robinson makes a wonderful point that creativity and intelligence always go hand in hand.  He also acknowledges everyone has creativity in themselves.  How it manifests itself is different from person to person, but it is indeed there.  I first learned of Sir Ken Robinson when watching him speak on TED.  It's inspiring and fascinating to listen or read his words and stories gathered.  Sometimes we are able to read the right book at the right time.  I'm glad I found this one sooner than later.

Music of the Day = 4AD/Jagjaguwar Session (Bon Iver, Sean Carey, & Justin Vernon)

camera: polaroid mio

19 comments:

  1. thanks for a great recommendation, I'm definitely curious about this book, and will checkout his video on TED.

    love the quote, works really well with those photos of creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such an amazing speech!
    and I just ordered his book, thanks for sharing all this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh these are amazing! i wonder who had the idea to throw those up there...

    also, i've been thinking about how i need to get on my TED-listening, since it's been years since i last checked one of the TED talks out. perhaps i'll start with dr. robinson (i like that intelligent creative idea!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for mentioning him. will check him out right away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh i've seen this wall already..
    Is it in Seattle right ?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. M., in dreams, & Petra: I hope you enjoy. He is very uplifting and encouraging.

    Marion: It is in Seattle near Elliott Bay bookstore on Capital Hill. I love seeing all the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that quote, and I must visit this wall before leaving.
    I missed not having your inspiring posts around. Hoping all's well now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This art is beautiful and I love the Dr Seuss quote too, amazing. This is a lovely post. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You find the best quotes and I want to read this book. Thanks for being you and for always sharing such good bits with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehe, love that Dr Seuss quote.

    Your photos always make me smile!

    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. i recognize that ;) yes, inspirational words indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. On Capitol Hill, yes !
    I've been there, and i think i've got a photo of this wall too !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Or we could say that the right book is able to meet the right reader.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Clever dr. Seuss :) and beautiful pictures.
    Hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely shots. I love that you are back posting. I am trying to get in the habit myself. Happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Finding the right book at the right time is a very good thing. Isn't Ken Robinson inspiring? Imagine a world where every teacher was like him....

    ReplyDelete
  17. We are reading lots of Dr Seuss right now so loving your use of his quotes. Beautiful photos and words. Creativity, and the freedom to explore it from a young age, is so very important.

    ReplyDelete
  18. love these photos and i love that quote. cheers!

    ReplyDelete