12.20.2011

merry & bright


Scatter joy!
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

This past week I've been fascinated by all your book recommendations in the previous post.  Thank you, dear readers.  One book that has stood out to me this year is Missed Connections: Love, Lost & Found by Sophie Blackall.  The idea of the book is enchanting and executed beautifully.  An actual missed connection ad is combined with an imaginative picture made by Sophie.  Some of the people created in the pictures remind me of a vintage photograph in colour.  Although it doesn't take long to read, I've found myself going back to it often to enjoy the experience once again.

camera: pentax k1000

14 comments:

  1. I am finally in the festive mood and this photo is just right for today!
    happy holidays! Hope you have lots of time to snuggle with your good reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great shot, alexandria. I love it.

    Happy days to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear alexandria, beautiful shot!! i still have a lot to learn with my new camera :). i wish you a wonderful time in christmas!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So christmassy, so festive.
    wishing you a wonderful Christmas.
    Hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I've seen her work and liked it. I did not know there was a book. Thank you, Alexandria.

    I too have enjoyed all of your reader's book suggestions. Thank you, readers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bokeh! And how very Christmassy..
    Season's greetings and wish you the absolute best of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh i just clicked through then found the missed connections blog with a whole bunch of missed connections - wonderful. The utter romance of it all fills me with warmth. Thank you for the link - I hope you have a wonderful holiday. Merry Christmas! Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this photo!!! So sparkly, just like you. Merry Solstice:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah! Love your bokeh too! The purple hue is so pretty. Hope you have a great Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have enjoyed visiting your site throughout the year - always an inspirational and uplifting experience. Wishing you the Best of the Season!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joyeux Noël Alexandria ! Hope you'll have a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this sparkly, festive photo :) Lovely book recommendation too. Merry merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry christmas Alexandria ! Hope you'll have sweet moments *.*

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely twinkles!
    hope you had a great christmas - enjoy december's last days!

    ReplyDelete