6.10.2011

returning

One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind.  To live a visual life is an enormous undertaking, practically unattainable.  I have only touched it, just touched it.
~Dorothea Lange

Upon returning, I'm excited to share some photographs and ideas I've been writing down.  During this wee pause from blogging it felt good to be a little more silent, listen, collect words, and see/feel inspiration. Thank you for all your comments and emails during my break.  It was really lovely to hear from you and greatly appreciated. 

A few weeks ago, J. and I went to the closing night of short films at SIFF.  It was pretty neat to see a round up of the best ones.  2 films stood out to me and I wish that I could give you links to be able to watch them entirely, but they are not available yet.  So in the meantime here are the trailers for Steve directed by Rupert Friend and Connect directed by Samuel Abrahams.  Happy weekend.

Song/Film Slides of the Day = Drover by Bill Callahan

camera: pentax k1000

18 comments:

  1. yay! welcome back! beautiful shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. I very much like the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're back. I'm looking forward to reading from you. I love this shots. And I wish you a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow. what nice Black and Whites.. Great tonal range

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, i'm absolutely mesmerized by these, alexandria. also, the dorothea lange quote is touching. thank you!

    good to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy you've returned. thanks for the listen, I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful post!

    welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. welcome back - so pleased you enjoyed your break, and it's lovely to have you back. Can't wait to see Steve, and thank you for the link to Connect - it looks really good. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These remind me so much of Ansel Adams - they're great! And welcome back!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're back ! Yipppeeee !
    And fabulous quote, perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy to see you're back! Lovely shots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love those photos! especially the first one :)
    welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great quote. I always mean to take more pictures but sometimes I think to myself, 'there's no point in taking a picture of that' but always come to regret it later..

    ReplyDelete
  14. welcome back.
    i miss SIFF.
    wonderful quote.
    need to
    remember
    that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. goodness, you always have the best quotes. where do you find them all? staggeringly beautiful photos, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely quote to return with and gorgeous images too. Glad you are back x

    ReplyDelete
  17. welcome back. you were missed. lovely shots. I think a break is always a good way to get back to ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are back. Yes! Bravo! The trailer for Connect is such a tease, so inviting. I want more.

    ReplyDelete