4.25.2011

blossomy corners


















































Although it's been pretty quiet around here, much has been going on behind the scenes with work and getting outside while the sun is around.  It seems life had other things in mind for me and the unexpected break from blogging was a part of the scheme.  Thank you for all your wonderful comments.  It's really tops hearing from you.

Yesterday the lovely Anne of La Vie d'Anne tagged me to compile a list of 7 things about myself.
Here is my list:
1. Balloons, walks, and books always bring a smile to my face.
2. In the past few years, I've become more confident with cooking/baking.  I love it now.
3. I'm fond of A Celebration by Georgia O'Keeffe and Monk By the Sea by Caspar David Friedrich.
4. Collecting memories, poems, and quotes in a journal is a favourite thing to do.
5. I adore mixed matched white plates from thrift shops.
6. Maps and globes are fascinating to me especially as J. and I are planning a trip in Autumn.
7. The most played soundtracks on my ipod are Amelie and The Royal Tenenbaums.

Sneak Peak Song/Video  = Untitled by Bon Iver - the new Bon Iver album will be released June 21st

camera: polaroid mio

15 comments:

  1. so enjoying your little list and your blog. it's beautiful!

    xo
    sami
    ps. check out my giveaway this week on my blog!
    http://glimpseofglamour.blogspot.com/2011/04/love-ly-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you well with all your endeavors.. hope you'll have more time to share your pictures and thoughts on here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely photos and can't wait for the new Bon Iver :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been great reading those 7 things about you and that Bon Iver teasing is just amazingly beautiful & exciting. Have a great week.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your 7 things, I loved reading them :-) And I really love these photographs as well... so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a sweet list. makes me like you even more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful painting by georgia - i've never seen it before. i also love the other painting too but i'm intrigued by the blue.

    lovely shots here too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the photos and the list. walks, books and balloons put a smile on my face, too. have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful pics, I'm glad you are back :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's good to know you've been enjoying some sun. I too love writing in my journal. I hope today includes some time in the sun and some time with your journal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. how nice to read your seven things...maps and globes are indeed one of life's pleasures - reminders of this vast world we live in. i hope the sun is continuing to shine for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm never good at making lists or plans, but always enjoy reading someone's:) Thanks for sharing your lovely list and pics! So inspiring:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing. It is very interesting to learn new. Get a little insight.

    ReplyDelete
  14. yes, the amelie soundtrack really took that film to another level. don't get me wrong, it would have been a solid film without that score but the score really took the film to another level.

    ReplyDelete