11.09.2010

to you

I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks.
~William Shakespeare

Yesterday was a day for celebrating good things happening and feeling grateful.  So today the words thank you have been on my mind.

Years ago, I read about an idea called "the-wait-a-moment-club" which means instead of rushing to say thank you, you wait a moment or two.  To put this idea into play you might write a letter to send in the mail, pick up the phone to call a day later with thoughts of thankfulness, or give an act of service. Of course, there are exceptions and it could be rather dreadful to not say thanks right away given the situation.  But, for the times it can work to wait a moment, well I believe it is a wonderful way to go.  Being a fan of letter writing, I am trying to do it more often especially for thank you notes or just because on a rainy day. 

Since I don't have all of your addresses to send a card, the next best thing is writing to you here.  Thank you dear readers for your comments and even to those of you who are quieter.  It means a great deal to me hearing your words often.  I hope your Autumn week is a good one.

camera: polaroid mio

17 comments:

  1. oh yes. i am thankful for my reading friends - there is always something beautiful to keep in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post. It's so important to take a moment to collect one's thoughts, breathe and then, say thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such nice thoughts and sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a sweet post. Thank you for your blog - I very much enjoy visiting it and reading your thoughts + the quotes + seeing your photos. I am a great believer in the thank-you note - it is I'm afraid becoming a lost art...

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet.
    thank you to you too. it's always a pleasure to come here...

    ReplyDelete
  6. very sweet. and thank YOU for your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this..so true. Beautiful photograph as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so lovely + heartwarming :)

    thank YOU!

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  9. And thank you right back!

    I love the idea of waiting to say thank you, because I think it carries much more meaning that way. As you said, it's not right for all situations, but for some, it's just perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to say thank you back also! You're blog is such a beautiful thing. Your words are so thoughtful and sweet. I love coming here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so beautiful... thank you.
    i have missed it here.
    i think i will gather a few cookies and a cup of tea, and come back this afternoon.
    bless~

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you for posting - and for your most beautiful photographs and thoughts!

    have a good day...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, thank YOU for your lovely pictures, quotes, songs, and thoughts! And also for commenting on my blog. It always brings a smile to my face. :)

    ReplyDelete