10.15.2010

morningtide

Mornings can be a challenge when it comes to rising early.  The coziness of a warm bed with soft sheets entices me to stay just a little longer.  It knows how to win my heart.  I do, however, know deep down inside that getting up earlier is well worth the effort.  Mornings bring a gentle quietness perfect for meditation, writing, walking, and eating a lovely breakfast.  For the past few months, I've been trying to do this often.  One of the things I love is how the rest of the day seems to fall into place, more-so than before.

While perusing some of my Polaroids, my eye was drawn to this soft blurry one from a few weeks ago that I hadn't shared yet.  The night before it was taken, I asked J. if he'd like to go to the beach for a morning stroll.  He raised an eyebrow at me while grinning and said, "Yes, I'm up for it. Are you?"  I laughed, knowing full well that imagining me as an early bird is quite comical.  Thank goodness for the motivations of spending time with a loved one, taking film photographs and the anticipation of the next adventure.  It works every time and the bonus... well, mornings aren't shabby at all.

Happy weekend to each of you.

camera: polaroid mio

13 comments:

  1. lovely post! I wonder if I could get out of bed earlier if I could go for a stroll on the beach. lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing this, especially the dialogue with you and J - it's a nice insight to you two :) I'm reading it at 6:33am and I'm already feeling that gentle quietness you mention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been forcing myself to get up earlier recently. i agree that it's worth the struggle.

    :)

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. Now is the best time to stay longer in bed as well as breathe cool air which still remains some memories of hot summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm not the morning girl - i should be...but i'm not. i should take your advice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great photo..i love morning beach strolls too...sunrise and sunset are the two best times of day to walk along the beach for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always find getting out of bed is hard in the mornings too. It's so nice to stay all wrapped up and warm, especially on these cooler day. But for photography or a chance to walk somewhere before the rest of the world awakes... That's always worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i can understand what u say, i'm always so lazy!! beautiful pic

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I so know what you mean. There are so many beautiful things about early mornings that I love. It's just the waking up part that poses a bit of a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ah, such a beautiful, painterly photograph. -- i wish i had the strength to get up earlier. i find it so hard once the days get shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel the same when it comes to mornings - but unfortunately, I find it almost impossible to get up. It's always bugged me, it'd be great to be one of those people who can get up early and fully appreciate silent mornings.

    Beautiful colors in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. mornings are my favorite time of day...
    beautiful photograph.

    ReplyDelete