1.31.2010

rainy day

Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there really is no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.
~John Ruskin

Yesterday I went to pick up a developed roll of film and found out that it was completely blank. I felt crushed to have lost those photographs, but this morning I took this Polaroid. It made everything better.

p.s. Ida has posted the beginning of her photos from Paris titled The misadventures of Paris, part One and they are so gorgeous.

10 comments:

  1. love so much those hue! and i know that feeling the blank of films too. it's so frustrating. but seriously, those polaroids are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you so much!!!

    Ps: I know the feeling with blank/lost films. I've desperately been looking for a lost roll from Denmark for weeks now -and I'm refusing to accept that I might not find it!! Your polaroids are amaxing. Love them! What camera are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no. sorry about your film. these are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! So sorry to hear about the film debacle. I must agree that these Polaroids are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ara: I hope it doesn't happen anymore for you with film!

    Ida: I used my Spectra, she's a beauty for sure.

    Char: Thank you!

    Courtney: Fingers crossed this won't happen a second time in a row!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quote and yes, your photographs are magic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, great quote. and link. oh that's so disappointing when that happens. blank. film. i'm sorry. thank goodness for instant film. it knows how to make everything alright again. lovely work. :::

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh so sad! but these ones really are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love these - magic indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos are outstanding.

    ReplyDelete