12.31.2009

celebrate

When I think of celebration and of 2010 beginning, I also find myself reflecting like many of you have been on your wonderful blog posts. A couple photographs came to mind that I took while living in South Korea. They were captured on a rainy night (Buddha's birthday) very similar to ones in Seattle. I love the colours and lit up lanterns randomly strung about. There is something about light that uplifts and honors days and experiences as does the commencement of each year.

I also wanted to include how grateful I am for the friendships and lovely writing and photographs shared. I hope that each of you have a very happy new year and are able to continue fulfilling dreams as well as the unexpected which sometimes is the best part of it all.

9 comments:

  1. cheers! (especially to the unexpected). and a happy new year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexandria, Beautiful images and such thoughtful words. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous shots - I'm sending love and best wishes for the best 2010!!! may it be filled with all you wish to come true and a heap of peace and love too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those lantern images are just beautiful! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. right back at you! warm wishes alexandria!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful lanterns, the first photo especially. I so enjoy your images and writing. All the best and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all your lovely comments and I'm glad you liked the lanterns! Cheers to a good year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love these photos.
    happy new year, my friend.

    ReplyDelete