3.03.2009

34 enchanting minutes

During the past week I've jotted ideas down of what to bring here. It's almost like going to show and tell as a kid. Will it be the collection of scratch 'n sniff stickers or maybe the snow globes found at second hand shops? Oh the anticipation!
The thing I'm really excited to share though is that a close friend recently gifted me a lovely 1950's film titled The Red Balloon (Le Ballon rouge) from the Criterion Collection directed by Albert Lamorisse. This is one of the neatest films I've seen in a while. Such a simple clever idea of little dialogue combined with sweet music and action. The artistic magnetism between the boy and balloon is so winsome as the story unfolds along the streets of Paris. I promise it's worth all the fuss!

4 comments:

  1. I searched for it on youtube and found some videos. It's so beautiful! I need a copy of this film!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are able to find the whole film for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this film has stared me in the face so many times as I go to rent a movie! I have never seen it yet, but now that I read this, I want to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh good! I'd love to hear what you thought of it.

    ReplyDelete